New video pitches will be on our LeWeb Start-UpYouTube Channel December 7th, and your votes will help us determine our People's Choice Award.
LEWEB'11 16 STARTUP COMPETITION FINALISTS
|Commerces & Co||http://www.commercesandco.com||France|
|Echo Labs Limited||http://www.echoer.com||Hong Kong|
Follow the list of these start-ups on Twitter.
PROGRAM OF THE COMPETITION
- Sherry Coutu, Former CEO & Angel Investor
- Dan’l Lewin, Corporate Vice President, Strategic and Emerging Business Development, Microsoft Corporation
- Sheila Marcelo, Founder & CEO, Care.com
- Nicolas Princen, Advisor for New Media and Information Technology, Office of President Nicolas Sarkozy
- Rodrigo Sepulveda, Entreprenuer & Investor
- Carlos Domingo, Director, Product Development & Innovation, Telefonica Digital
- David Hornik, General Partner, August Capital
- Amit Shafrir, President, Badoo
- Gary Shainberg, Chief Digital & Innovation Officer, WISeKey
- Lukasz Gadowski, Internet Entrepreneur & Investor
- Stephanie Hospital, EVP, Audience & Advertising Division, Orange
- Kristell Schuber, Marketing Director, Google France
- Jamie Siminoff, Founder & President, NobelBiz & Founder & CEO, Edison Junior
- Daniel Waterhouse, Partner, Wellington Partners
- Zachary S. Bogue, Angel Investor & Advisor
- Fred Destin, Partner, Atlas Ventures
- Lyle Fong, Chief Strategist & Co-Founder, Lithium
- Patrick Hoffstetter, Chief Digital Officer, Renault
- Michael Parekh, Investor & Advisor
ABOUT LEWEB'11 STARTUP COMPETITION
This year’s LeWeb’11 Startup Competition will honor the top 3 startups creating state-of-the-art apps and products for the Social/Local/Mobile (SoLoMo) marketplace.
Our team is now reviewing every application to find the most exciting and innovative ideas that exploit the power of social engagement and location awareness of tablet and mobile phone devices.
From the more than 600 applications, 32 companies will be soon identified as semi-finalists.
These 32 companies will provide a video pitch to enable the global LeWeb community to vote on a dedicated youtube channel for the companies they believe should be among the 16 finalists to present at LeWeb’11, December 7 – 9, 2011.
Within the 16 finalists, during LeWeb on Dec 7&8 LeWeb community will again be able to vote for the the company they love the most and on dec 9th on top of the 3 competition finalists and winners, the people choice award will be honored on the Plenary by Google.
The judging timeline:
· Initial application review and judging: October 16 - 23
· Semi-finalist notification: October 24 – 29
· Community voting: October 31 – November 13
· Final 16 startups notification: November 14 - 15
· Pitch Workshop in Paris: December 5 & 6, 2011
· Startup Competition: December 7 & 8, 2011
· Community voting online for people choice award: Dec 7 & Dec 8
· Top 3 Pitches present on the Plenary Stage: December 9, 2011 + People choice award by Google
The LeWeb’11 Startup Competition is produced in partnership with Guidewire Group, Inc.
ELIGIBILITY RULES: Entry is free. You need not be a customer of LeWeb’11 or any of its partners or sponsors. Applications must be completed on or before 11:59pm PST on October 15 to be considered. Applicants may be required to provide additional information, including a video and/or slide presentation, during the semi-finalist and finalist selection stages. Community online voting may be used determine competition semi-finalists and finalists. Applicants must have less than €1M (US$1.4M) of investment from any and all sources (including, but not limited to, friends & family, angel investors, institutional VCs, government grants). Applicants may be asked to provide unaudited financial statements disclosing sources of funding. Sixteen finalists may be required to participate in pitch preparation workshop in Paris on December 5 – 6, 2011. Finalists will be video recorded during the workshop and/or rehearsals and finalists agree that the video may be used in conjunction with the conference promotion before, during, and after the event, and understand that conference attendees may be invited to vote on the videos during the conference. Finalists agree to launch their company and/or product at the LeWeb’11 Conference, December 7 – 9, 2011. Finalists will receive two complimentary tickets to LeWeb’11 as well as a desk in the Startup Competition Lounge to demonstrate their product during LeWeb’11.